The only radio show and podcast dedicated to Africa’s richest square mile, the weekly SANDTON TIMES HOUR brings the pages of The Sandton Times to life with an array of entertaining and informative interviews, every week on Mix 93.8 FM, Mondays at 7pm.
- Jeff Grundlingh, Sports Contributor for The Sandton Times takes us through the Qatar World Cup 2022 teams, predictions, and firsts.
- Abdullah Abunahia, Pro Football Freestyler, YouTuber & Fan Leader for Road to 2022 joins us from Qatar, to talk about the build-up to the Qatar World Cup 2022 and his experience with the new Adidas match ball AL RIHLA.
- Hilary Bainbridge, Founder & Managing Editor of Marhaba – Qatar’s Premier Information Guide, gives us some insights into the temperature on the ground in Doha and shares her experience of being in the official Qatar World Cup 2022 music video for ARHBO.
- Expert on Qatar’s culinary heritage, Chef Noor Al Mazroei, shares some of her dishes and food plans around the Qatar World Cup 2022.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
THE SANDTON TIMES HOUR is the go-to weekly digest on greater Sandton including fabulous food spots, luxurious lifestyle bits, first-hand travel tips, motoring notes, and world-class entertainment. In this week’s episode [Edition 93 | Week 47] The Sandton Times covers an array of topical news as well as these interviews:
FIFA WORLD CUP 2022 TEAMS, PREDICTIONS, AND FIRSTS with Jeff Grundlingh
The largest football competition in the world is returning. EA SPORTS used FIFA 23 with ground-breaking HyperMotion2 Technology and the dedicated FIFA World Cup 2022 ratings in FIFA World Cup Kick-Off and Tournament modes to simulate all 64 matches and determine who will win this December after correctly predicting the previous three winners in 2010, 2014, and 2018.
According to EA SPORTS, Argentina will win the World Cup in Qatar. Similarly, a new Ipsos survey finds that, Brazil is the country most widely expected to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup, followed by Germany, Argentina, and France.
FOOTBALL SKILLS With Pro Football Freestyler, Youtuber & Fan Leader For Road To 2022 Abdullah Abunahia
One of the earliest Arab Freestyle Football players in the region, Abdullah is a multiple national champion who has performed thousands of freestyle performances, workshops, and pertinent events all over the world.
With over 5-million social media followers, this passionate and promising influencer/content creator shares advice and tutorials for freestyle and football skills in addition to other interesting and entertaining content.
For more about Abdullah Abunahia, follow his Instagram account.
ON THE GROUND AT THE QATAR WORLD CUP 2022 With Marhaba Founder & Managing Editor Hilary Bainbridge
Established in 1994, Marhaba Information Guide is the only comprehensive guide to living and working in Qatar, published three times a year, available both in hard copy format and as an eGuide.
For more about Marhaba, visit the website.
QATARI CUISINE With Chef Noor Al Mazroei
Since she was a little girl, Chef Noor has been passionate about food. The hardest part of her job is catering to everyone’s wants and tastes while taking into account sensitivity and intolerance’s. She makes tasty, healthy dishes. She adores preparing Qatari cuisine since they reflect the culture and tradition of the nation.
In order to give people options, she divides her cooking into four main categories: vegetarian, vegan, non-vegetarian, and gluten-free. Machboos, which she first prepared with her grandmother, is her favorite dish.
For more about Chef Noor Al Mazroei, follow her Instagram account.
SANDTON TIMES HOUR Music Playlist
- Shakira – Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)
- Magic System feat. Chawki – Magic In The Air
- Ozuna, Gims & RedOne – Arhbo
Get The SANDTON TIMES HOUR Playlist
Connect On Telegram
The Sandton Times Hour is released every week, on these major Podcast platforms and on The Sandton Times Homepage:
Take a moment to subscribe, share and review or rate THE SANDTON TIMES HOUR on your favourite podcast platform. Also, catch THE SANDTON TIMES HOUR every Monday, on Mix 93.8 FM from 7pm to 8pm in Johannesburg and Pretoria or on DStv Channel 823.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.