Legacy Pride is calling on South Africans to donate a teddy to children in need this Mandela Day.
- Teddies have been loved by children across the world for decades.
- They are soft, comforting and provide that feeling of security and belonging.
- The Legacy Pride teddies come in a range of different species including lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, zebra, buffalo and rhino.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
The funds raised from each donated teddy will not only bring the joy of a cuddly toy to each child, but will also provide them with much needed nutrition with Nutriwell’s scientifically-formulated nutritional food parcels.
We so often look to filling the basic requirements of children in need that we forget the simple joys of being gifted with something special to keep. This year, we are giving South Africans the opportunity to provide both.
// COO of Legacy Hotels & Resorts, Robert Hodson
The Legacy Pride teddies are locally made using quality materials and have been stuffed with super soft fibers made from recycled plastic bottles collected from local communities within South Africa. To donate a teddy, you can visit the website and purchase a voucher for R310.
Representatives from Legacy Hotels & Resorts will then distribute the teddies and the Nutriwell meal packs to pre-qualified beneficiaries on Mandela Day. Some of the charities that Legacy supports include:
- The Teddy Bear Foundation – Parktown, Gauteng
- New Beginnignz Baby Haven – Laudium, Gauteng
- iKageng – Soweto, Gauteng
- Rays of Hope – Alexandra, Gauteng
- SizaBantwana – Hazyview, Mpumalanga
- Belfast Community Home Base – Belfast, Mpumalanga
- Bphemelele Children’s Home – Khayelitsha, Western Cape
- The Goedgedacht Trust – Malmesbury, Western Cape
- Dimakatso Safe House – Pilanesberg, North West
Outside of Mandela Day, Legacy Pride and Nutriwell have entered into an ongoing partnership to fight the scourge of world hunger and malnutrition. Both organizations share the same passion of leaving an actual legacy for the future and recognize the importance of investing in the health and well-being of our greatest resource – our children.
Guests staying at any Legacy Hotels & Resorts property, plus any person or business looking to support a charity on an on-going basis, can now contribute towards Legacy Pride from as little as R10. The funds raised will be invested back into the local communities in which Legacy operates, through the purchase of Nutriwell’s range of nutritional, fortified powdered food products.
Since April 2020, Legacy Pride has raised over one million rand in donations and delivered over 700 000 meals to those less fortunate. For more information on the campaign, you can visit the Legacy Pride Plush Toy Mandela Day website.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.