The weekly Sandton Times Hour is a Sandton magazine show that brings the wanted online pages of The Sandton Times to life. As the only radio show and podcast dedicated to Africa’s richest square mile, this Sandton magazine show is packed with an array of entertaining and informative interviews blended with the best music, every week on Mix 93.8, Mondays at 7pm.
- Comedian Kevin Fraser chats about his new South African Tour ‘Africa is a Feeling’.
- Wilderness Explorer and Survival Expert Hazen Audel talks about his new show on National Geographic ‘Primal Survivor: Extreme African Safari’.
- Silas Howarth, Event Organizer of The 2023 Cannabis Expo shares all the details of this year’s gathering.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
The Sandton Times offers readers all they ever wanted online, and The Sandton Times Hour is the go-to weekly magazine show broadcast from greater Sandton. The Sandton magazine show features fabulous food spots, luxurious lifestyle bits, first-hand travel tips, motoring notes, and world-class entertainment, business and so much more beyond the borders of greater Sandton. In 2023, the radio show and podcast was selected by Feedspot panellists at #15 on a ranking of Top 40 South Africa Podcasts on the web.
In this week’s show [Edition 139 | Week 47] The Sandton Times covers an array of topical news as well as these interviews:
‘Africa is a Feeling’ South Africa Tour With Comedian Kevin Fraser
South Africa’s beloved comedian and online content creator, Kevin Fraser, is set to embark on his ‘Africa is a Feeling’ tour during the festive season of 2023. Known for his humorous observations and satirical creations, Fraser has garnered a global fan base, repeatedly breaking the one million views benchmark.
Having successfully toured the UK, Middle East, Europe, and Australia in 2023, Fraser is excited to bring his brand-new show to South Africa. The tour kicks off at Parkview Theatre (The Old Rockwood) in Pretoria on Friday, 24 November 2023, and moves to the Theatre of Marcellus at Emperor’s Palace, Johannesburg on Saturday, 25 November 2023. The tour spans six cities, including stops in the Eastern Cape, Durban, and Cape Town.
The comedic journey will take audiences through a trail-blazing path of absurd humor, hilarious satire, and nostalgic reflections on what it means to be South African. Fraser’s unique style promises a theatrical safari of impersonations, heart-warming comedy, and groundbreaking rhythms of energy and laughter.
Kevin Fraser’s rise to fame began with online videos in 2015, where he shared his experiences as an expatriate abroad through stereotypical South African personas. The success was immediate, catapulting Fraser into the limelight with a rapidly growing fan base across online platforms. In 2022, he took to the stage with his debut show, ‘Minister of Entertainment’, showcasing his trademark “entertainment comedy” style that combines stand-up, dance, and performance.
After the South African leg, the ‘Africa is a Feeling’ tour will extend to seven neighbouring countries in February and March 2024.
Tour Details and Ticket Information
• Pretoria: Friday, 24 November 2023, Parkview Mall Theatre, 7pm – 10pm.
• Johannesburg: Saturday, 25 November 2023, Theatre of Marcellus, Emperor’s Palace, 7pm – 10pm.
• East London: Friday, 1 December 2023, The Guild Theatre, 7pm – 10pm.
• Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth): Saturday, 2 December 2023, Venue to be announced, 7pm – 10pm.
• Durban: Friday, 8 December 2023, The Globe at Suncoast, 7pm – 10pm.
• Cape Town: Saturday, 16 December 2023, CTICC, 8pm – 10:30pm.
Book your tickets today for a night of laughter, joy, and memorable moments with Kevin Fraser. Visit the official website for more information and ticket bookings. Please note that the show contains adult themes.
Primal Survivor: Extreme African Safari With Wilderness Explorer And Survival Expert Hazen Audel
Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping journey as wilderness explorer and survival expert Hazen Audel takes on an epic multi-country expedition across East Africa’s legendary Great Rift Valley in the upcoming series, “Primal Survivor: Extreme African Safari.” The thrilling show is set to premiere on National Geographic across Africa (DStv 181) from Wednesday, 22 November 2023, at 9pm (CAT).
Hazen, a former biology teacher turned adventurer, has become a fan favourite for his daring escapades in some of the world’s most challenging terrains. This time, he sets out on a ground-breaking journey, covering 800 kilometres through the Great Rift Valley during migration season, a lifelong dream for the intrepid explorer.
The expedition promises encounters with diverse landscapes, from grasslands to caves, mountains, and river valleys, all on foot. Hazen’s ultimate goal is to witness Africa’s greatest natural spectacle—the great Wildebeest migration in the Serengeti.
‘Primal Survivor: Extreme African Safari’ is not just about surviving the elements; it’s a profound exploration of the relationship between humans, wildlife, and the environment. Hazen navigates the challenging landscapes of East Africa, encountering desert nomads, tracking elephants, facing treacherous waters, searching for rare black rhinos, and exploring coastal caves.
Throughout the journey, Hazen collaborates with local nomadic tribes, emphasizing the importance of understanding and respecting both the indigenous peoples and ecosystems of Africa. The show serves as a reminder that survival in the wild demands not only physical endurance and survival skills but also a deep connection with the environment and its inhabitants.
The expedition is divided into thrilling legs, each showcasing Hazen’s resilience and adaptability:
1. Desert Nomads: Hazen treks into the Chalbi Desert, encountering the nomadic Gabra tribe, and embarking on a quest to find their treasured singing well and a migrating camel train.
2. Valley of Giants: Descending the western wall of the Great Rift Valley, Hazen searches for a revered herd of elephants, collaborating with local tribes and spear fishermen to track the herd on the banks of the Kerio River.
3. Deadly Waters: Taking on mighty Lake Baringo, Hazen enlists the help of the Il’Chamus tribe to witness a million-strong flock of flamingos, building a raft to compete in a tribal lake race for the right of passage.
4. Rhino Mountain: Hazen explores Hell’s Gate gorge, navigating forests, caves, and canyons to reach Mt Suswa in search of rare black rhinos, collaborating with forest foragers and Maasai villagers.
5. Untamed Coast: Tackling East Africa’s Tropical Coast, Hazen embarks on an ocean voyage with the Mijikenda people to reach coastal coral caves, home to the largest multi-species bat colony globally.
6. Serengeti: In the grand finale, Hazen battles through harsh terrain with the Hadza tribe to reach the Serengeti, aiming to witness the Great Migration despite challenges posed by time and rain.
‘Primal Survivor: Extreme African Safari’ is a production by Icon Films for National Geographic. The series serves as a testament to Hazen’s adventurous spirit and his commitment to showcasing the beauty and challenges of the African wilderness.
For those eager to experience the excitement, mark your calendars for the premiere on Wednesday, 22 November 2023, at 9pm (CAT) on National Geographic across Africa (DStv 181). Get ready for an exhilarating journey through East Africa’s iconic landscapes with Hazen Hazen as your guide.
The 2023 Cannabis Expo With Event Organizer Silas Howarth
The Cannabis Expo goes beyond just showcasing products; it promises to provide education and insights on this growing sector. Global industry leaders and local government representatives are set to lead talks and participate in moderated panel discussions alongside a dynamic expo offering. Covering topics such as ‘Cannabis and Women’s Health’ and ‘The Elephant in the Room – The Cannabis Grow Club’, these discussions provide attendees with the latest trends in health, agriculture, legislation, business, finance, and more.
Read the full article: Africa’s Largest Cannabis Expo To Take Over Sandton Convention Centre
Sandton Times Hour Music Playlist
- Wendy & Lisa feat. Seal – The Closing Of The Year
- Avicii – Hey Brother
- John Legend – You Deserve It All
Get The Sandton Times Hour Playlist
Connect On Telegram
The Sandton Times Hour is released every week, on these major Podcast platforms and on The Sandton Times Homepage:
Take a moment to subscribe, share and review or rate The Sandton Times Hour on your favourite podcast platform. Also, catch The Sandton Times Hour every Monday, on Mix 93.8 FM from 7pm to 8pm in Johannesburg and Pretoria or on DStv Channel 823.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.