Sandton City, Africa’s premium shopping destination, is thrilled to announce its upcoming 50th-Anniversary that will be celebrated with an exquisite retail festival.
- Sandton City is renowned amongst both local and international visitors as one of Africa’s leading retail destinations.
- The shopping centre is home to over 300 of the most exciting local and international brands and presents you with a world of luxury in the exclusive Diamond Walk.
- Adjacent to world-class hotels and mega corporate headquarters, winning multiple Best Shopping Mall awards each year, Sandton City continues to be a leader in mixed-use properties.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
The unique one-day event, taking place on Tuesday 12 September 2023, promises a day filled with an extraordinary shopping experience, outstanding exclusive offers, and a jubilant atmosphere, as the iconic mall marks five decades of exceptional service and superior retail.
Since its inception in 1973, Sandton City has commanded a unique position of high-end retail, drawing shoppers from across the world to experience its diverse array of over 300 premium retailers, that reflect the most beloved brands from both within South Africa and internationally.
Visitors to the centre on the day can expect an array of delights, including:
- Irresistible retailer offers, complimentary gifts and added value: Shoppers will be treated to an array of exclusive offers, at over 90 stores in the centre, ensuring that purchases are accompanied by unbeatable value at participating retailers. For example, Alpha Industries is offering a free t-shirt with any jacket purchased; at Fabiani, the first 50 customers will get 50% off anything in store, at Karl Lagerfeld, an exclusive KARL gift will accompany every in-store purchase over R5’000; and uniQbrows will offer free Iconic Intense brown brow tints, to name a few. These offers are valid on 12 September 2023 at Sandton City only, terms & conditions apply.
- Extended Trading Hours: Sandton City recognizes that celebrations should know no time constraints. To accommodate the festivity, the mall will extend its trading hours, granting guests ample time to explore and enjoy, with most stores in the centre staying open till 9pm on the day.
- Live entertainment: From 12 noon, shoppers can enjoy complimentary live musical performances by, some of South Africa’s top artists, DJ Zinhle, Goodluck, Holly Rey and Kings of Weekend in the centre court outside Checkers. Entertainment line-up includes:
- 12-noon – 2pm: DJ Soosh
- 2pm – 2:45pm: Holly Rey
- 2:45pm – 4pm: DJ Soosh
- 4pm – 5pm: SPHEctacula & DJ Naves
- 5pm – 6pm: DJ Soosh
- 6pm – 6:45pm: Goodluck
- 6:45pm – 7pm: DJ Soosh
- 7pm – 7:45pm: DJ Zinhle
- 7:45pm – 10pm: DJ Soosh
*Artist line-up and performance times are subject to change.
- Spend and win competition: Shoppers who spend R500 or more between 1 – 12 September 2023 at any of their favourite stores in Sandton City, may enter a competition to win a R50’000 Sandton City gift card, with the entry box conveniently placed in the centre court.
Additionally, Sandton City will unveil a captivating History Wall installation, on the fourth level, in close proximity to Clicks, Woolworths, Toy Kingdom and Loads of Living, providing visitors with an opportunity to journey through time. This installation showcases the centre’s evolution from its inception to the present day, offering a glimpse into the rich history and transformative journey since its development, and how the remarkable centre has stayed at the forefront of African retail.
We are immensely proud to celebrate five decades of excellence in retail. Sandton City has been an iconic symbol of luxury, innovation, style and community for fifty years. As we embark on this milestone, we are excited to offer shoppers a day filled with exuberant experiences and unforgettable retail moments, while paying tribute to the centre’s legacy as a retail haven, offering an unparalleled mix of luxury brands, fashion, lifestyle, and dining experiences.
// Asset Manager of Sandton City, Dimitri Kokinos
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.