Are you ready for an African adventure? Radisson Hotel Group is bringing the heat with its announcement of seven new hotels set to open across the continent in the first half of 2023.
- This exciting expansion includes Radisson’s first-ever hotels in Reunion Island and Ghana, as well as an increased resort presence in Morocco, South Africa, Egypt, and Tunisia.
- With over 1’400 rooms added to its African portfolio, Radisson is proving to be a major player in the continent’s booming hospitality industry.
- Radisson Hotel Group, one of the fastest-growing hotel companies in Africa, is showing no signs of slowing down.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
In addition to the 7 new signings, the Radisson Hotel Group plans to open at least 7 more hotels with over 1’400 rooms this year alone. Elie Younes, the Executive Vice President and Global Chief Development Officer at Radisson Hotel Group, expressed his enthusiasm for the company’s success in Africa so far.
Thanks to the relevance of our brands and trust of our owners, we have a successful growth momentum in Africa thus far this year.
// Radisson Hotel Group Executive Vice President and Global Chief Development Officer, Elie Younes
With Africa remaining a focus market for Radisson, the company is committed to contributing to the African hospitality industry.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the exciting new additions to Radisson’s African portfolio:
- Radisson Collection Resort, Marsa Alam Port Phoenice (Egypt): This premium lifestyle resort, scheduled to open in early 2025, will introduce Radisson Collection to Egypt. With its breathtaking waterfront location on the Red Sea, the resort offers a perfect vacation spot with a wide range of dining, entertainment, shopping, and cultural experiences nearby. Boasting 294 rooms and a mix of Mediterranean and Italian architecture, the resort will provide guests with luxurious amenities, including multiple restaurants, pools, a fitness center, and direct beach access.
- Radisson Collection Hotel & Conference Center, Abuja (Nigeria): Located in Abuja’s sought-after Maitama District, this 249-room hotel will be the city’s first luxury hotel. With its close proximity to the Presidential Palace and popular attractions like Wuse Market and Abuja National Mosque, the hotel offers convenience and luxury. The expansive meeting spaces and elegant rooms make it an ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers.
- Radisson Blu Beach Resort & Spa, Banjul (Gambia): Gambia’s first internationally branded hotel, this 462-room resort is set to open in early 2025. Situated in Banjul’s Bijilo region, the resort spans over 17 hectares with direct access to the ocean. Guests can enjoy contemporary rooms, presidential apartments, and royal villas, along with various food and beverage outlets. The resort’s extensive meetings and events space, coupled with its beach access, makes it a prime choice for conferences and special occasions.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Abuja CBD (Nigeria): Expanding Radisson’s presence in Nigeria, this 104-room hotel will be located in Abuja’s Central Business District. Opening in early 2025, it will feature a stylish piano bar, an all-day dining restaurant, fitness and wellness facilities, and ample meetings and events space. This addition further solidifies Radisson’s commitment to providing upscale hospitality options in Nigeria.
- Radisson RED Lagos VI (Nigeria): The highly anticipated Radisson RED brand is making its debut in Nigeria with this new-build, 62-room hotel set to open by the end of 2025. Located in Lagos’ vibrant Victoria Island, the hotel promises a cutting-edge experience with its lobby bar, all-day dining restaurant, and rooftop bar and terrace. Travelers can expect a lively atmosphere and unique food and beverage concepts, making it the hottest spot in town.
- Radisson Hotel Nairobi Airport (Kenya): With its opening scheduled for mid-2027, this 200-room hotel will become Radisson’s fourth property in Kenya and the first in Nairobi. Its proximity to JK International Airport and Nairobi National Park makes it an ideal choice for both tourists and business travelers. The hotel will offer a range of amenities, including a lobby bar, all-day dining restaurant, fitness and wellness facilities, and extensive meetings and events space.
- Radisson Hotel Algiers El Mouradia (Algeria): The second Radisson hotel in Algeria, scheduled to open in mid-2026, will be located in the prestigious El Mouradia district. With its array of food and beverage outlets, including an all-day dining restaurant, a signature restaurant, and a sky bar, guests can expect an unforgettable culinary experience. The hotel’s meetings and events space, leisure facilities, and convenient location near the city center and the Port of Algiers ensure a perfect blend of work and leisure.
As Radisson Hotel Group continues its ambitious growth in Africa, these new hotels showcase the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional hospitality experiences across the continent. Whether you’re seeking a luxurious beachfront resort, an upscale urban hotel, or a trendy hotspot, Radisson looks to have something for everyone.
So, pack your bags and get ready for an extraordinary African adventure with Radisson Hotel Group’s newest additions.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.