Opel treated motoring journalists to lunch and a test drive of the new Zafira Life, on the outskirts of Sandton, and hopes to attract businesses and families to take up one of the many seats on offer.
- The fourth-generation Zafira is quite different from its predecessors.
- Opel is now fully integrated into the Stellantis line-up of vehicle brands.
- The Opel Zafira Life goes head-to-head with Hyundai’s new Staria, the Volkswagen Kombi, and Ford Tourneo.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
Spending some time navigating the roads (and potholes) of the greater Magaliesburg area, the Opel Zafira Life provided a comfortable ride with good performance from the standard 8-speed automatic gearbox and overall cabin layout.
Of the two releases, EDITION and ELEGANCE, the EDITION is targeted at families, fitted with 17-Inch Alloy Wheels, Hill Climb Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Automatic Windscreen Wipers, Multi-Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioner, Cruise Control, 10 Cupholders/Bottle Holders, 11 Storage Compartments, Front and Rear Park Assist, 7.0-Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System and 180 Degree View Panoramic Reverse Camera.
On the top end, the ELEGANCE is likely to find a greater audience as a business shuttle – those much-needed airport transfers to and from 5-star hotels in Sandton or even executives needing to get some work done on their way to a breakaway or similar. Building on the EDITION features, the ELEGANCE adds Dual-Powered Sliding Side Doors, Automatic High Beam Assist, two VIP Front-Row Seats, Panoramic Glass Roof, Keyless Start/Smart Entry, Driver and Passenger Power Adjusted Heated Seats, Driver and Passenger Massage Seats, Active Lane Departure Warning and a Foldable Sliding Table, to the offering.
The ELEGANCE does steal the Opel Zafira Life line-up, offering businesses and families who enjoy the finer things in life, that extra something to make the ride so much more enjoyable. Storage however is the one thing both releases enjoy plenty of, with a capacity of 1060 liters of boot space, even with the added seating.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- The Opel Zafira Life is feature-rich, more so with the ELEGANCE release.
- The ELEGANCE release enjoys numerous WOW factors, really adding to the premium drive experience.
- The Opel Zafira Life has an appealing exterior and interior design which is both efficient and practical.
WHAT YOU WON’T:
- The Opel Zafira Life ELEGANCE seats need a bit of elbow grease to place the VIP front-row into one of the two configurations.
- The EDITION, more family orientated, could do with one or two premium features.
- The conference-style seating configuration in the Opel Zafira Life ELEGANCE could do with a bit more legroom.
Available in two editions, the 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine powered Opel Zafira Life available in the EDITION and ELEGANCE version, is priced at R749’900 for the entry-level, whilst its more premium counterpart comes in at R869’900.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.