The Ndlovu Youth Choir are returning in 2023 for a limited show tour of South Africa in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Since its inception in 2009, the Ndlovu Youth Choir has become one of the world’s most treasured groups.
- The choir’s repertoire is an exciting mix of traditional South African genres with pop, rock, jazz and EDM.
- The fifteen choristers, live 3-piece band and conductor, composer and producer, Ralf Schmitt are ready to bring new life to this year’s local tour.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
Following on from the phenomenal sold out success of the Ndlovu Youth Choir in Concert in Johannesburg and Cape Town in 2022, the Ndlovu Youth Choir’s South Africa Tour kicks off at Montecasino’s Teatro in August and then heads to Cape Town for concerts at the Artscape in October 2023.
Since its inception in 2009, the Ndlovu Youth Choir has become one of South Africa’s most treasured choral groups also recognised globally for their unique musical locally and internationally with a recent tours across the USA and forthcoming tours to Germany and the Netherlands which includes performances at the North Sea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam and the Carnegie Hall Summer Festival in Bryant Park, New York.
The Ndlovu Youth Choir brings an incredible energy to every performance and we are proud to bring Africa’s singing ambassadors back on stage to share their talents with audiences in Johannesburg and Cape Town in this return concert series. The popularity of the Choir is enormous and soon they will be back, by popular demand.
// Showtime Management, Tony Feldman
The Ndlovu Youth Choir in Concert features many of the Choir’s famous hits such as Africa, Easy On Me, Shape of You, Higher Love, Man in the Mirror, and We Will Rise. The repertoire also features Mbube and Special Star as well as some original compositions, including Grateful and Celebrate from their third studio album entitled ‘Grateful’.
From their home base in the Moutse Valley in rural Limpopo to reaching the finals of America’s Got Talent (Season 14) the Ndlovu Youth Choir has played sold-out performances in Europe, America, and Africa and appeared on many local and international television and radio shows.
They have collaborated with many artists such as Master KG, P!nk, Sun-El Musician, Kygo and performed for the likes of Trevor Noah, King Charles and Bill Gates.
Johannesburg at the Montecasino’s Teatro:
- Friday, 25 August 2023 at 7:30pm
- Saturday, 26 August 2023 at 3pm and 7:30pm
- Sunday 27 August 2023 at 2pm and 6pm
Cape Town at the Artscape Theatre Centre:
- Friday, 13 October at 7:30pm
- Saturday, 14 October at 3pm and 7:30pm
- Sunday, 15 October at 2pm and 6pm
Seats are limited. Tickets start from R150 and are available through Ticketmaster.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.