Music enthusiasts, mark your calendars for the much-anticipated 2023 Standard Bank Joy of Jazz, set to take place this weekend from 29 to 30 September 2023.
- As the Sandton Convention Centre (SCC) gears up to host this exciting event, it’s essential for motorists and road users to be aware of temporary changes in traffic flows and road closures near the venue.
- These road closures and traffic changes will be in effect on both Friday and Saturday, spanning from 2pm to midnight.
- It is crucial for all road users to plan their routes accordingly and consider alternative ways to reach their destinations.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
Whether you’re a jazz enthusiast or simply looking for a memorable weekend of music, make sure to plan ahead and prepare for the vibrant rhythms and melodies that await you in Sandton for the 2023 Standard Bank Joy of Jazz at the Sandton Convention Centre.
Road Closures and Traffic Adjustments
- Maude Street: One of the primary road closures will affect Maude Street, which will be converted into one-way traffic from 5th Street to West Street. This change aims to streamline traffic and enhance the safety of festival-goers and commuters alike.
- West Street: The lanes closest to the Convention Centre on West Street will be temporarily closed. However, the lanes furthest away will be transformed into a dual carriage open for traffic. This alteration aims to accommodate the increased flow of vehicles expected during the event.
- Alice Lane: Similar to West Street, the lanes closest to the Convention Centre on Alice Lane will be closed during the festival. Conversely, the lanes furthest away will become a dual carriage open for traffic. This adjustment aims to facilitate the smooth movement of vehicles in the vicinity.
For those attending the 2023 Standard Bank Joy of Jazz, here’s some important information to enhance your festival experience:
- Ticket Verification: Computicket will be on-site for ticket verification and sales from 5pm to 9pm. Ensure you have your tickets ready for a hassle-free entry.
- Bars and Food: Enjoy a range of refreshments at the festival. Full bars will be available on level 0 food court, Mbira stage level -2, and Level 5 Bar counter. Additionally, there will be a food court on Maude Street Loading Bay with various menus to tantalize your taste buds.
- Ablution Facilities: The Sandton Convention Centre is well-equipped with toilets to accommodate up to 5’000 guests, ensuring convenience and comfort for festival-goers.
- Smoking Policy: Please note that smoking is not permitted inside the SCC. Designated smoking areas are available on Maude Street and level 2, allowing patrons to enjoy their cigarettes without violating the venue’s policies.
- Cashless Transactions: Embrace the convenience of cashless transactions with Howler top-up points available on Level 0 inside the food court, Level -2 (Mbira stage), and Level 5 outside (Dinaledi stage).
- Standard Bank Card Holder Discount: Standard Bank cardholders are in for a treat! These can enjoy a discount of up to 15% on tickets. This offer is limited to two tickets per person and valid only when using a valid Standard Bank debit, cheque, or credit card. Please note that availability is subject to terms and conditions.
For those eager to join in the musical festivities, here are the full ticket prices:
- R950 Day Pass: Enjoy a day of musical bliss at this price point.
- R1800 Weekend Pass: Immerse yourself in the world of jazz for the entire weekend with this pass.
As the 2023 Standard Bank Joy of Jazz approaches, these road closures and festival details are essential for a seamless and enjoyable experience.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.