The Body Corporate of an established complex in Sandown is seeking a property manager with experience of more than 10 (ten) years, to maintain and manage a residential sectional title scheme.
The ideal candidate will assist the trustees and managing agent with the operational aspects of the sectional title complex, provide regular reports and expert advice to ensure effective and efficient management of the property. The incumbent will be responsible for managing a team of gardening and security staff, liaising with City of Johannesburg officials, service providers, contractors, plumbers and electricians and administration such as processing insurance claims.
The incumbent will be responsible for attending to the overall maintenance of the sectional title scheme including the buildings, and grounds with a particular focus on ensuring the regular trimming of trees and oversight of gardens. The incumbent will liaise with owners and residents to resolve day-to-day operational matters , such as plumbing problems including blockages, leaks, burst pipes and related issues.
Collaboration with stakeholders to ensure preparation and timeous scheduling, in accordance with legal requirements, of the annual general meeting for the sectional titles scheme.
Qualifications And Experience:
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with legal and compliance requirements for staff matters and strong knowledge of sectional title laws and regulations.
- Excellent administration and management skills, able to work collaboratively with the trustees and independently.
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility and best practices in property management.
- Industry Best Practises: Keeping up to date with industry trends and emerging practises in property management.
- Legal and Compliance Knowledge: Understanding of the Sectional Titles Act, Community Schemes Ombud Services (CSOS), Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and the framework of legal and compliance requirements relevant to the management of people and property.
- Project Management: Basic project management skills to manage major maintenance projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and coordinate with teams involved in the project implementation.
Knowledge of emerging technologies (such as solar energy) and their potential impact and benefits for sectional title schemes.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage people and projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft clear and concise reports.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office.
- Required to register as a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) representative.
- Own transport is essential for this position.
Remuneration: Market related, based on qualification and experience.
Start Date: September 2023
Location: Sandown, Johannesburg
Join our team and contribute to maintaining a well-managed and harmonious residential complex in Sandown, Sandton. We look forward to receiving your application! Interested applicants can forward their CV with contactable references to alexander[at]sandtonmediagroup.co.za by no later than 11 August 2023. Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo employment checks.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response within two weeks of submission.