Crystal Symphony, the jewel in the crown of the A&K Travel Group, has officially re-entered service following an extensive refurbishment that left the cruise world awestruck.
- Purchased by A&K Travel Group just last summer, this splendid vessel has returned to the seas with a newfound splendor.
- Departing from the historic city of Athens, the 606-guest ship joins forces with her sister, Crystal Serenity, marking an exciting new chapter for this renowned brand.
- Crystal Symphony’s revival marks a thrilling chapter in this journey, inviting guests to sail into a new era of maritime luxury and exploration.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
The revitalized Crystal Symphony is nothing short of a maritime masterpiece, boasting an impressive staff-to-guest ratio, with nearly one staff member dedicated to each guest. This commitment to personalized service is a hallmark of the Crystal experience, and the ship’s generous space-to-guest ratio of 84.2 cubic feet per guest ensures that every traveller enjoys ample room to relax and explore.
As part of this remarkable transformation, Crystal Symphony now offers larger and exquisitely revamped suites, award-winning specialty dining venues, and expansive public spaces, all enhanced by the brand’s industry-leading service.
We are so proud that Crystal Symphony has officially joined Crystal Serenity back in the water, signalling an exciting new chapter for Crystal – two ships refurbished and back in service in under a year is completely unprecedented.
// CEO of A&K Travel Group, Cristina Levis
Embarking on its inaugural voyage from the historic city of Athens, Crystal Symphony’s itineraries promise a tapestry of enchanting destinations. From the vibrant shores of Santorini to the grandeur of Istanbul, and from the opulence of Abu Dhabi to the eclectic streets of Mumbai, this ship carries its guests on a journey of unparalleled exploration.
Collaborating with the esteemed cruise ship architectural firm GEM, Crystal has meticulously revamped select guest rooms and suites on board the Symphony. The result is a refreshed design characterized by a palette of neutral shades and elevated touch-points, harmoniously complemented by gentle pastel tones reminiscent of the ocean’s mesmerizing hues.
Among the highlights of the refurbishments are two new guest room categories: the Jr. Crystal Penthouse Suite and the Single Guest Room with Ocean View, thoughtfully designed to cater to solo travelers. These new additions enhance the availability of the popular Sapphire Suite category, providing guests with a wealth of choices for their accommodations:
- Single Guest Room with Ocean View: A cosy retreat of up to 215 square feet, redesigned in 2023, with welcoming and comfortable detailing, butler service, and breath-taking ocean views.
- Sapphire Veranda Suite: Spacious suites, measuring up to 430 square feet, feature a living area, elegant finishings, and a private veranda, all attended to by attentive butler service. Sapphire suites are available in both new and classic designs.
- Junior Crystal Penthouse Suite: The epitome of luxury, this new and generously-sized suite measures up to 645 square feet. It includes spacious rooms with separate dining and living areas, overlooking a private veranda, and is complemented by attentive butler service.
Dining on board Crystal Symphony is a sensory journey, with 10 distinct dining options to choose from, including the convenience of 24-hour in-suite dining service. Guests can savor an array of culinary experiences, including:
- Umi Uma: The legendary Master Chef Nobuyuki (Nobu) Matsuhisa’s Umi Uma offers award-winning, innovative Japanese-Peruvian cuisine, the only Nobu dining concept at sea.
- Osteria D’Ovidio: Named in honour of Crystal’s Executive Chairman, Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio, this restaurant specializes in traditional Italian meals.
- Waterside Restaurant: Crystal’s main dining room, offering open seating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Bistro: A modern café and coffee bar serving light snacks like fresh pastries, bagels, and fruit in the morning, and a selection of international cheeses, pâtés, prosciutto, smoked salmon, and dessert delicacies throughout the afternoon.
- Trident Grill: Set poolside, Trident Grill features classic delights like burgers, melts, salads, and more.
- Scoops Gelato Bar: A sumptuous dessert bar featuring authentic Italian gelato with fresh toppings, frozen yogurt, homemade cookies, and more.
- The Vintage Room: Offering intimate guided pairings and dinners highlighting the vast selection of wines in the ship’s onboard cellar.
- Tastes Kitchen & Bar: Providing globally inspired cuisine and a casual “family-style” dining experience, Tastes offers tapas-style cuisine for guests to enjoy on their own or with newfound friends.
- Marketplace: A buffet-style dining venue wrapped in floor-to-ceiling windows and a chic open-air dining area.
Crystal Symphony now offers a full-sized Padel tennis and pickle-ball court, as well as a revamped fitness centre to cater to guests’ active lifestyles. The ship’s new spa concept, Aurōra, embodies a fresh design, featuring light-bright neutral colours, an illuminated fibre optic starlight ceiling, and organic materials such as natural salt crystal and silk-brushed slate stone. The extensive range of treatments includes signature facials, massage therapies, and a full-service salon. Highlights include:
- The SuperTech Facial: Utilizing advanced technologies to meet individual needs, this treatment targets multiple signs of aging, resurfacing, firming, and smoothing the skin.
- The Chariot of Light Massage: This unique massage resets the circadian rhythm, reduces inflammation, increases circulation, and improves skin texture with the therapeutic benefits of LightStim Pro-Panel LED light therapy.
- Grown Alchemist Restoration Shave: Offering a luxurious shaving experience, this treatment includes enzyme exfoliation, deep cleansing mask, and hot towel compress for an expert shave.
As Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity return to service, Crystal Cruises continues to make waves in the cruise industry. The recent announcement of the brand’s collaboration with European shipbuilders for the development of four new ships in the next six years, including classic ships and expedition vessels, reaffirms their commitment to delivering exceptional experiences and pushing the boundaries of luxury travel.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.