Uber South Africa has released it’s Fifth Annual Lost & Found Index, a snapshot of riders’ most commonly forgotten and most unique lost items.
- Johannesburg has taken the number one spot followed closely by Pretoria and Cape Town as the most forgetful cities in South Africa.
- Globally, some of he most unique items to be forgotten include a tooth, hair bonnets and frozen meat.
- Over the last year, cell phones and keys were on top of the list closely followed closely by headphones and wallets.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
It’s happened to the best of us. That sinking feeling when you realised you’ve left your smartphone, valuables or bag in the Uber, that has just dropped you off. You’re not alone, as Uber’s Fifth Annual Lost & Found Index shows some of the many things forgotten on rides. The Lost & Found Index shows riders are most forgetful on Fridays and Thursdays.
Here are the 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items:
1. Phone / Camera
3. Headphones / Speaker
4. Wallet / Purse
5. Backpack / Bag / Folders / Box / Luggage
8. Jewellery / Watch / Make-Up
The best way to retrieve a lost item is to call the driver – but if riders leave a phone itself in an Uber, it’s best to login to a riders account on a computer. Riders can also look no further than this video, which outlines the simple steps riders can take the next time something is left behind in an Uber.
Hungry? Get R75 off your first Uber Eats order of R100 or more. Terms apply. Use my code at checkout: eats-ubersandton or follow this link.
Get the best of The Sandton Times in your email inbox.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.