You could WIN 1 of 5 Roku Gin packs valued at R300! As the planet celebrated World Gin Day on June 12 this year, Roku is celebrating with a Winter Highball cocktail – perfect to warm up the chilly season.
- Roku is the premium Japanese craft gin created by the House of Suntory in Osaka, Japan.
- Inside every bottle of Roku are 6 special botanicals sourced in Japan.
- Suntory has a long history of making gin, dating back to 1936.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
As the world celebrates the ever-popular elixir known as Gin, Roku Gin entrenches the age-old Japanese tradition of sharing with their limited edition gift pack – a treat for both the new gin lover and experienced veteran. Roku, which landed in South Africa over a year ago, attributes its subtle, yet complex flavour profile to the seasons and harvesting of botanicals at the precise time in which they blossom and bloom.
This pack is completed with a beautiful bottle of Roku – a signature of Japanese craftsmanship, from the embossed bottle to the traditional label – along with two ceramic cups, each imprinted with the Roku logo. Delicately packaged in a blush case, these spoils are wrapped with a cherry blossom print. The elements invite gin-lovers to experience more than a simple gin & tonic and engage in a centuries-old tradition of Japanese hospitality, known as Omotenashi, which encourages pouring of each other’s Roku Gin. This ritual is all about a spirit of sharing and enjoyment with friends.
The brand’s perfect serve Japanese gin & tonic is prepared with precision and created with ice and slices of fresh ginger – six, representing the traditional, seasonal botanicals that help shape the brand’s unique flavour profile – to balance the Yuzu top notes, mixed with a good quality tonic. The serving ritual and recipe are conveniently outlined on the back of the Roku Gin pack as a reminder of how to celebrate the Japanese way.
COCKTAIL: Winter Highball
* 25ml Roku Gin
* 15ml Lime Juice
* 15ml Sugar Syrup
* 70ml Soda
* Mix all ingredients together
* Double strain over ice and top with soda water
* Garnish with lime
TO ENTER, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Complete the entry form below and answer the question: Which Asian country is Roku Gin from?
2. Be sure to follow @sandtontimes on Instagram.
CONGRATULATIONS TO: Dijon Mannie, Dr. Ché Moshesh, Heidi Bantam, Michelle Harrison, and Andre Kruse.
The Sandton Times Giveaway Rules:
• Drawn after the closing date, the winners will be selected randomly from the submitted entries.
• If a selected winner cannot be reached at the contact details supplied, an alternative winner will be selected.
• Prizes will be delivered to the winners.
• The winners are required to accept the prizes as described. No correspondence will be entered into relating to the terms on which the prizes are offered.
• Prizes may not be transferred to another person or converted into cash.
• The Sandton Times giveaways are open to all South African residents. Employees of The Sandton Times and the prize-sponsoring companies, their family members, advertising and promotion agencies and any other parties associated with the competition may not enter.
• You must be 18 years or older to enter this competition.
• Neither The Sandton Times nor any of its partners can be held responsible for disputes in connection with prizes or for any loss, damage or injury that may be suffered or incurred by prize winners.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering The Sandton Times giveaways.
• Data collected may be shared with the prize-sponsoring companies, but will not be sold or passed on to third parties.
• The Sandton Times reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend competitions at any time if deemed necessary.
• Winners will not be eligible for other prizes for 6-months after winning a competition.
• Winners will be required to provide their ID numbers as per the new Consumer Protection Act guidelines.
Get the best of The Sandton Times in your email inbox.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.