THE GRAND COUNTDOWN TO THE 5TH AABLA® FINALE
The 5th All Africa Business Leaders Awards® in Partnership with CNBC Africa and hosted by Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela, are pulling out the stops on November 13, 2015 for the most spectacular night out, celebrating business in Africa, with majestic performances by award winning groups The Muses and Mi Casa.
The 5th AABLA® Grand Finale hosted by Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela will welcome regional award winners from East, West and Southern Africa, along with AABLA® Grand Finale host, His Excellency Kgosi Nyalala Pilane of Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela, Ministers, Director Generals, Traditional Leaders, Ambassadors and Captains of Industry, along with VIP guests.
Bonney Tunya from CNBC Africa’s Kenya bureau, Esther Ugbodaga from CNBC Africa’s Lagos bureau and George Ndirangu from CNBC Africa’s Kigali bureau will join Nozipho Mbanjwa from CNBC Africa’s Johannesburg headquarters in presenting the awards on the night, bringing a pan-African flavor to the evening.
Known for identifying excellence in business on the continent, the 5th All Africa Business Leaders Awards® in Partnership with CNBC Africa honour remarkable business leadership and salute game changers of business on the continent for their continuing commitment to excellence, developing best practices and innovative strategies.
2014 AABLA®-winning Fred Robertson (Chairman of Brimstone Investment Corporation), 2014 AABLA®-winning Asher Bohbot (Group CEO of EOH) joint 2014 AABLA®-winning Ran Neu-Ner and Gil Oved (Group co-CEOs of The Creative Counsel), 2014 AABLA®-winning Tabitha Karanja (CEO of Keroche Breweries) and 2013 AABLA®-winning Mizinga Melu (CEO of Barclays Africa Regional Management) will assist in handing over the 2015 All Africa trophies to this years remarkable All Africa finalists:
All Africa Young Business Leader of the Year
- Nteff Alain, Co-founder of The Gifted Mom [Nigeria]
- Ashley Uys, Managing Director of Real World Diagnostics [South Africa]
- John Nicolakakis, CEO of Romans Pizza [South Africa]
- Edha Nahdi, CEO of Amsons Group [Kenya]
All Africa Entrepreneur of the Year Presented by Sea Harvest
- Julian Kyula, CEO and Founder of Mode [Kenya]
- Jason Xenopoulos, CEO of NATIVE [South Africa]
- Obinna Ekezie, CEO of Wakanow.com [Nigeria]
All Africa Business Leader of the Year Presented by Bosch
- James Mworia, CEO of Centum Investment Company Limited [Kenya]
- Dr Johan van Zyl, Group Chief Executive of Sanlam [South Africa]
- Segun Agbaje, Managing Director of GTBank [Nigeria]
All Africa Business Woman of the Year
- Adepeju Adebajo, MD of WAPCO Operations, Lafarge Africa Plc. [Nigeria]
- Louisa Mojela and Gloria Serobe, WIPHOLD [South Africa]
- Gina Din-Kariuki, Chair of Gina Din Group [Kenya]
All Africa Philanthropist of the Year
- Mohammed Dewji, Group CEO of MeTL Group [Tanzania]
- Wendy Ackerman of The Ackerman Foundation [South Africa]
- Fred Swaniker, Founder of African Leadership Academy [Nigeria]
All Africa Industrialist of the Year Presented by the IDC
- Dr. Benson Wairegi, Group MD of Britam [Kenya]
- Aliko Dangote, President of Dangote Group [Nigeria]
- Rachmat Thomas, MD of Chic Shoe Manufacturers [South Africa]
The highlight of an amazing night will be the All Africa Lifetime Achievement Award presented in association with the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency, to one of the following finalists:
- HRH Muhammad Sanusi II Sarkin Kano [Nigeria]
- Dr. Jennifer Riria, Group CEO of Kenya Women [Kenya]
- Dr Christo Wiese, Chairman of Shoprite and Pepkor Holdings Limited [South Africa]
The evening will also once again pay tribute to those business leaders on the continent who have passed away over the past 12 months in a moving ‘In Memoriam’ tribute, commemorating their life, contributions and achievements.
- Yunus Suleman, former Chairman of KPMG in South Africa and Africa
- Pete Ondeng, Founder of Lead Africa Institute
- Bismarck Rewane, MD of Financial Derivatives Company Limited
The 5th AABLA® Grand Finale hosted by Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela will be held on Friday, November 13, 2015, in the Pavillion of the Sandton Convention Centre in Sandton, and will be televised on CNBC Africa, November 18, 2015 at 21h15 CAT. The AABLA®, produced by ABN Productions, will be televised across the world via CNBCAfrica.com and in more than 48 countries and territories on the continent via DStv on Channel 410.
For more information, go to www.aablawards.com and follow the AABLA® on Twitter: @aablawards