1980’s kids and fans from all over were set to have their dreams come true with an overnight stay in the original ‘Home Alone’ movie house, while the McCallisters were away on their annual trip!
- 4 guests got the opportunity to relive their favorite scenes from the holiday classic and let their inner eight-year-olds run free for the evening without the interruption of pesky intruders.
- This Airbnb stay offered a trip down memory lane and an unforgettable way to celebrate Christmastime.
- Big brother Buzz McCallister joined thousands of Hosts on Airbnb by opening the doors to his family’s Chicago home as the ultimate gift this month.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
It’s a Christmas story that could’ve been South African. ‘Home Alone’ tells the story of an 8-year-old Kevin McCallister who decides to protect his family home from a pair of opportunistic burglars when he is accidentally left ‘Home Alone’ by his family during a Christmas holiday. 30-years later, the McCallisters home will welcome a family for one night only, to celebrate a remake titled ‘Home Sweet Home Alone’ streaming on Disney+ as an all-new holiday movie – British accents and all.
You may not remember me as particularly accommodating, but I’ve grown up, and I’d be happy to share my family home – my pizza, even – with you this holiday season. Just try not to let my tarantula, Axl, loose this time.
// Buzz McCallister
Buzz hosted a one-night stay for up to four guests at the McCallister residence on December 12. During their stay, guests enjoyed:
- A cosy holiday scene with twinkling lights and a perfectly trimmed tree in celebration of the season.
- Booby traps galore (but don’t worry – guests will be setting them, not sidestepping them!).
- Surprisingly searing splashes of aftershave and ample opportunity to scream into the mirror.
- All the ‘90s favorites a heart desires, including plenty of Chicago’s finest pizza and a candlelit dinner of microwavable Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
- A meet and greet with a real-life tarantula.
- A viewing of the film franchise’s newest holiday adventure, ‘Home Sweet Home Alone’.
- A LEGO Ideas Home Alone set to take and build at home.
As South Africa remains stuck in lockdown, with global travel bans in place, we might have had to give this one a skip!
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.