The new Nissan Magnite has touched down on South African shores and promises to be a game-changing SUV. The much-awaited B-Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) is available in 4 different editions and since its launch globally, has received a few accolades including ‘Top Gear India compact SUV of the year’ and Autocar India ‘Value for Money Car of the Year’ award.
- The Nissan Magnite has a 205mm ground clearance and functional roof rails with 50kg load bearing.
- The crossover has 336L cargo space with flexible capacity by 60:40 split foldable rear seats.
- An 8-inch full flash touch screen with best-in-class wireless Android Auto & Apple CarPlay and 6 Speakers are just some of the features on the new Nissan Magnite.
- Visit www.sandtontimes.co.za for more stories.
A feature-rich premium vehicle, the Nissan Magnite offers a stylish design with a strong and dynamic road presence. Nissan‘s latest release comes with numerous ‘first-in-class’ and ‘best-in-segment’ features including the sleekest headlamps assembled in its class with lightsaber-style turn indicators, while its L-shape LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and dominating front grille is, in Nissan‘s words, ‘unlike any other’ design in the B-SUV segment. The all-new Nissan Magnite is also equipped with one of Nissan’s top support technology, the Around View Monitor (AVM), which gives the driver a virtual bird’s eye view from above the vehicle.
With high strength and impact absorbing efficient body structure, the Nissan Magnite is also equipped with safety features such as Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Traction Control System (TCS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), speed sensing door lock, central locking and SRS dual airbag system with pretension and load limiter seatbelt for driver and passenger.
Our market is bold, self-driven with go-for-it attitudes aligning to what the Nissan Magnite embodies. We are excited to finally have the Nissan Magnite on our South African shores and we cannot wait for you to experience it for yourself.
// Nissan South Africa Marketing Director, Stefan Haasbroek
Here are 6 features you should keep an eye out for:
All LED Front Exteriors
- LED bi-projector headlamps, lightsaber-style turn indicators, L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and fog lamps.
Bold SUV Cues
- Stunning diamond cut alloys (standard 16-inch wheels) with a 5.0m turning radius.
Beautiful Premium Cues
- Tall floor console with smartphone tray.
Interior Comfort and Convenience
- Rear armrest with 2 cupholders and first-in-class mobile holder and a 10L glovebox with illumination.
Big on Technology
- An AVM (Around View Monitor) to give a bird’s eye view – toggle between rear view, bird’s eye view and RH camera for eased parallel, perpendicular parking and front camera for taking out from tight spots.
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) for safe vehicle manoeuvring in tight corners and risk situations, as well as Anti-Roll bar for tight cornering at high speeds giving low body roll.
The Nissan Magnite Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and line-up are as follows:
Acenta MT: R256’999
Acenta CVT: R280’100
Acenta Plus MT: R282’600
Acenta Plus CVT: R305’700
The Sandton Times has not test-driven this vehicle to date.
Get the best of The Sandton Times in your email inbox.
Head back to The Sandton Times Home Page for more stories.