THE SANDTON TIMES BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY WITH OUDE MEESTER
In Celebration of The Sandton Times birthday month, Sandton’s leading blog will be giving away a trio of Oude Meester potstill brandies, from the Oude Meester Demant to the Oude Meester 12-year-old Reserve and the 18-year-old Souverein.
To stand a chance of winning this trio, email [email protected] with OUDE MEESTER as your subject line, follow the steps in the response email and one lucky person will win this potstill brandy collection. Competition closes March 11.
Terms and Conditions relating to this giveaway »
– The prize is not transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
– To be eligible for the competition, participants or entrants must reside in the Republic of South Africa.
– Only one entry per person.
– The winner will be drawn at random from all the valid entries.
– Only the person who originally entered the competition can be awarded the prize.
– The winner must be over 18 years of age.
– The prizewinner will be notified via email or telephone call.
– If the prize is not claimed within 30 days of the prizewinner being announced, the winner forfeits the prize.
– Entry into the Competition is free.
And to get the most enjoyment from this trio of Oude Meester, here are some tasting tips:
- Always taste brandy from a clean brandy snifter or an ISO wine tasting glass.
- It is perfectly acceptable to add a dash of still water or a block of ice when tasting brandy. Be sure to use pure, non-chlorinated water.
- Don’t swirl your glass, like you would when tasting wine, as this releases the alcohol vapours which mask the fruit flavours.
- Don’t warm the brandy – it should be tasted at room temperature.
- Start nosing from about 5cm from the top of your glass. Now move slowly down.
- Take a small sip and swirl around your mouth. The intensity of the alcohol will diminish after a few seconds and the rich, complex flavours will come to the fore.
- Always taste and enjoy responsibly.
To stand a chance of winning this trio, email ed[email protected] with OUDE MEESTER as your subject line, follow the steps in the response email and one lucky person will win this potstill brandy collection. Competition closes March 11.
The Oude Meester Souverein last year won a Gold Outstanding award at the International Wine and Spirits Competition, a Gold at the International Spirits Challenge, and locally, a Double Gold at the Veritas Awards.
The Sandton Times promotes responsible drinking. No persons under the age of 18 years can enter. Don’t drink and drive. Let Uber take you home! Sign up with the promo code: ubersandton and receive a FREE first ride up to R100.